Sunday, November 30, 2008

Playing New Games

Well, a lot has happened since my last post.

The election is over, whew!! That was an endurance contest wasn't it? I just want to thank ALL my fellow players. It is so fun when so many people turn out. As it happens, the person I favored for president won but no matter who you voted for we are all winners. Now we can settle down to keeping ourselves informed getting ready for next time whenever that may be for you.

I had the opportunity to play the role of patient as I had hernia repair surgery since my last post. It was kind of hard until I got the idea that I just needed to lay back and watch everyone take care of me. I am so grateful to everyone, my wife, my friends, the people at the hospital and a work who made the whole thing bearable. Thank you all.

I know it is fun to get so good at something that we know it backward and forward AND I learned the importance of tackling something new every once in a while. It is like a good stretch for the brain. My next new things are swimming and being more public with my flute playing.

I never learned to swim as a child. My mother was very frightened of the water and I guess I just learned that from her. Anyway, I found the I loved playing in the water lately and I think it would be even more enjoyable if I could swim. The local YMCA has classes for beginning adults so that is on the list.

I also have recorded a new cd that I am going to actually sell. I have placed it with the CD Baby website. Look here for some samples. I am also going to actually play live at a festival in Northern Kentucky at the end of January. More on that when the details are settled.

So, keep your usual game sharp AND look for new interests. Sometimes it is good to be the one who doesn't know anything.

No comments: